Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Bubbly (2007)
… because Jodi suggested Colbie Caillat
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to “the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like.” Have you been to the beach yet this summer?
Yes, we did. We went to Kep, down the southernmost part of Cambodia.
2) Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
I seldom apply sunscreen.
3) Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan?
4) “Bubbly” is often a synonym for champagne. When’s the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly?
Wow, that was a year ago, actually. For some reason, even a shallow goblet of champagne makes me tipsy and giggly and animated that, at one instance, I broke the strings on ukulele that I was holding.
5) Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favorite baseball team doing so far this season?
Because of time difference between the US and Asia, I am no longer able to watch baseball season games.
6) In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan?
Yes! I think that was the only season I watched from the beginning to the end.
7) In 2007, when “Bubbly” was popular, actress Yvonne deCarlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?
I think I’d choose Morticia Addams. She’s the originally goth girl and my, she has this incredible sensuality and grace in her. Plus, she occasionally spoke French so I would probably learn a word or two from her. She also has “great” gardening skills – cutting off the buds of her roses and leaving just the thorny stems. I can also learn techniques about growing and feeding Venus flytrap plants.
8) In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it’s obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it?
No, I’ve never had a Myspace account.
9) Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger?
My ironing board – nearly 6 years with me!