Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Already Gone
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Eagles lead singer Glenn Frey proclaims that he’s “feeling strong.” How would you describe yourself this fine Saturday?
Oh gosh, I’m knackered! The past week has been hectic, both at home and at work. Top that, we just got ourselves a new puppy.
2) The song begins with a rumor: “I heard some people talking just the other other day …” Have you heard anything juicy/interesting lately? Please share!
Nothing interesting, lately. Or maybe because I had (still have) too much on my plate that I am not up-to-date with the swirling rumours on the grapevine.
3) When “Already Gone” was popular, the news was dominated by Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal. What do you consider today’s top news story?
The violence in Palestine. I hope once and for all, this will be resolved sooner.
4) In the 1970s, Eagles Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the center of a social circle of very creative people, including singer Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and actor-comedian Steve Martin. How do you express your creativity?
I strive to express my creative side at home by venturing into simple home improvement projects – gardening, crafting, some DIY projects to amp our living space, cooking, etc. My husband and I both work and so we want to come home to a relaxing, comforting and cozy home at the end of every day.
5) Even though they broke up in 1980, the Eagles are currently on a reunion tour, and after knowing each other more than 40 years, Frey and Henley still consider each other friends. What quality to do you value most in a friendship?
I value trust, loyalty, generosity, commonality (common interest), humour and sensitivity the most.
6) Are there any mirrors in the room you’re in right now?
No, not in here.
7) What’s the last beverage you drank with ice?
8) Whole, skim, 2%, half-and-half, almond or soy … what kind of milk is in your refrigerator right now?
Fresh milk, imported from New Zealand, the label says.
9) Sam likes to mix sliced almonds into her salad. What do you think makes a good salad?
For me, a good salad should have different textures and a bombastic and well-mixed dressing, of course! The dressing should be flavourful and with an extra zing on the taste bud that we just had to shove forkfuls of greens in our mouths. I also prefer some luxurious toppings like blue cheese, etc. 🙂