Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Beer Barrel Polka
1) Have you ever danced the polka?
2) Frankie Yankovic was a stellar accordion player. What instrument have you mastered, or would like to learn?
I’d love to learn to play the guitar (acoustics). To me they’re very easy on the ears.
3) When Frankie died in 1998, his obituary proclaimed him as “America’s Polka King.” Lucille Ball was “The Queen of Comedy” and Michael Jackson was “The King of Pop.” What royal title do you deserve?
The Queen of Wishful Shrinking, because I’m forever wishing to lose weight.
4) Do you like light beer?
Yes, they’re not bad at all.
5) In 1901, daredevil Annie Taylor successfully went over Niagara Falls in a barrel. She was badly bruised but otherwise fine. How much money would it take for you do to do something that dangerous?
I’m not sure if I could do it. I’m deathly afraid of heights.
6) When was the last time you visited a pet store?
A week ago. We bought a bottle of tick spray for our dogs.
7) What’s your favorite salad dressing?
My version of ginger-soy dressing 🙂
8) Sam Winters is crazy about her smart phone. She uses it to take pictures, record videos, listen to tunes, answer emails and surf the net and, oh yeah, she even uses it to make calls. How indispensable is your mobile phone in your day-to-day life?
I could do without, honestly.
9) “Kocham cię” is “I love you” in Polish. Can you say “I love you” in a language other than English (and Polish)?
In Khmer language, “khnnjom sralang neak”. In the Philippines’ dialects, “guinahigugma ko ikaw” (Hiligaynon); “namomoot ako sa imo” (Bikolano), and “mahal kita” (Tagalog).