Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Blues in the Night (1952)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Was last night a good night for you? Or were you singing the blues?
Was a tiring night but also a good night. My husband and I arrived late from work and so we had a late but relaxed dinner and some drinks at home.
2) In this song, Rosemary Clooney sings about hearing “big talk” she didn’t quite believe. What’s the last fib, tall tale or out and out lie you heard?
That we will have a salary increase this year. Tsuss.
3) Rosemary Clooney has a well-known nephew — George, the Oscar winner and frequent People magazine cover story. Do you have any nieces or nephews?
I have two nieces and two nephews – and I hope someday they’ll grow up to be achievers and productive citizens of our country.
4) Ms. Clooney married the same man twice. They married, had five children and divorced. Then three years later, they tried again … and divorced again. Have you ever been tempted to give it another try with one of your former loves?
Sadly no. I, however, am a big believer in second chances.
5) Singers as diverse as Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler and Amy Winehouse have said they admired and were influenced by Rosemary Clooney. If you could meet any artist (singer, writer, actor, director, painter, musician …), who would it be?
Wes Anderson! I just love his style.
6) 1952, the year this record was a hit, is also the year the “Big Bang Theory” was introduced by physicists Ralph Alpher and George Gamow. That is too lofty a topic for this humble meme, so instead we’ll just ask: Do you watch the TV show of the same name?
No, I haven’t seen that show.
7) Sam Winters just broke her right thumbnail. While she won’t go so far as saying it has her singing the blues, she must admit it bugs her. What little annoyances are you dealing with today?
My back! I’ve had this backache since last week and it’s not going away soon.
8) The house next door to Sam’s has a FOR SALE on the lawn. Are you contemplating a move?
We just moved! To a lovely traditional Khmer wooden house, with a big yard with lots of mango, banana and jackfruit trees.
9) What’s your search engine of choice: Google, Bing, Yahoo or Ask?
Google is my preferred search engine, hands down.