Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Come to My Window
Melissa Etheridge is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.
1) This song is about a woman passionate about love and willing to pursue it, no matter what “they say.” Are you fearless when it comes to public opinion? Or do you worry about what “they” think of you?
I don’t worry much about what other people say or think of me.
2) Melissa’s father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you.
I was born to a Catholic family and grew up to be a free thinker. One of my high school teachers, a very devout Catholic, berated me in the front of the whole class because she saw me listening to a Protestant pastor outside school preaching about the word of God. She was also the same teacher who scolded me for failing to recite the entire holy rosary. I had the misfortune of having her as a teacher, someone who forced me to show my faith in the same way as she did. It’s a very sensitive topic for me because for me it is something personal. I may be born to a Catholic family and exposed to Catholic rites but in no way my parents forced their religion on me and my siblings.
3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it?
In my little corner at home.
4) Which TV game show do you think you’d do better on — The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune?Neither. I’m pretty good at solving word problems though.
5) Are you neat and organized?
I try my best to be but there’s always something better to do or pay attention to, haha.
6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair?
When I was on a field visit (work) in one of the remote places in Cambodia in the middle of the drought season. We stayed the night at a farmer’s house and water was very limited. There was not enough water for bathing and washing. So we had to go through the whole night and day without washing ourselves.
7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
Chopsticks, of course! It completes the Chinese dining experience.
8) Are you a good cook?
I’m no MasterChef or Martha but my husband loves my cooking 🙂
9) We’re having a party in your honor! Would you prefer a costume party, a bowling party or a pool party?
Bowling party! Beer and pizza. Popcorn. It’s been ages since I last went bowling. I’m no pro but I’m not that bad either.