Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Cowboy Casanova
This is for all the country music fans out there
1) The singer tries to warn her friend against a neighborhood Lothario. Do you advise your friends when it comes to love? Or do you stay out of it?
I do but only when asked to. Otherwise, I stay out of their business.
2) This song is about the hot guy “leaning up against the record machine.” Does your favorite restaurant or bar still have a juke box?
I love jukeboxes! I wish my fave bar still has them. There was once a diner in the city where I studied that featured a jukebox. How my roommates and I loved queuing up songs to play!
3) Carrie is an American Idol winner. Have you ever gone online or picked up the phone and voted for a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, American Idol or any similar show?
4) Carrie graduated magna cum laude and majored in journalism, yet instead of being a reporter, she’s a country music superstar. How similar are your life/career today to the way you envisioned them when you were 21?
Not quite. I have never dreamed of marrying an English guy and settling in Cambodia.
5) Carrie also competed in beauty pageants and was a runner up for Miss NSU (Northeastern State University). If you were a contestant in a pageant, what would you do for the talent competition?
Fire and glass-eating. Hahaha. I bet not many pretty women can do this, eh?
6) This December, Carrie is scheduled to star in a televised remake of The Sound of Music. Do you have any year-end plans?
To have that much-awaited holiday with my husband. It’s been years since we last had a real holiday.
7) She is married to NHL player Mike Fisher, center for the Nashville Predators. What’s your favorite professional sports team?
Not a fan of team sports. I love tennis though and I’m all for Team Rafa (Rafael Nadal) and the Spanish Armada.
8) Hockey is a tough game! Do you currently have an owie or an ouchie or a boo-boo that requires a bandaid?
9) Summer brings a lot of power outages and brown outs. Do you have a flashlight? If so, have you checked the batteries?
Yes, I have a flashlight and admittedly I have never checked the batteries since I last used it.