Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Daddy’s Back
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) Crazy Sam’s dad often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps or body lotions he got from the hotel. When you travel, do you bring back souvenirs? Send post cards?
Oh, I’m such a souvenir-junkie. I send postcards and souvenirs for family, selected friends and for myself, too (lol). But not the freebies from the hotels; not my type.
2) When you fly, do you prefer window or aisle? Or doesn’t it matter?
I prefer window seat. I like watching outside the window to while away the time.
3) According to Askmen.com, Jim Anderson (Robert Young) of Father Knows Best is the best TV dad ever. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) dad?
It’s gotta be Homer Simpson! What’s not to love with this hilarious, three-haired, beer and donut-loving father of Bart, Lisa and Maggie? He loves his family so much. Remember one of his famous quotes about family time:
“WELL, IT’S 1 A.M. BETTER GO HOME AND SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME WITH THE KIDS.”
4) Sam’s father was the family disciplinarian. What about you? Do you consider yourself a rule maker, a rule follower, or a rule breaker?
When I was younger, I was more of a rule-breaker. I also thought that nobody tells me what I should and should not do. Now that I am older, I nod my head when told what to do but still do exactly the opposite (lol).
5) Sam’s father was the one who gave her driving lessons. Think back to your first few times behind the wheel. Were you a naturally good driver?
Oh my gosh, I’m the world’s most nervous driver! Driving here in Cambodia you must have the nerves of steel. 4WD cars and motorcycles zoom past you from every direction. The crazy traffic plus the unscrupulous traffic policemen are enough to make me just leave the driving to my husband. Or if he isn’t available, I’d rather get a tuk-tuk than drive.
6) This week’s featured artist, Kenny Loggins, was born in Washington state. Have you ever lived in, or traveled to, any of our northern border states? (For those of you not as well versed in geography as Crazy Sam, that’s AK, WA, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI PA, NY, VT, and ME.)
I’ve never set foot to the US of A yet.
7) As part of the duo Loggins and Messina, Loggins performed the song “House at Pooh Corner.” Do you have a favorite character from the Winnie the Pooh books/movies?
I don’t have any favourites.
8) The mercury is going to start rising. How hot is too hot for you? 85º? 95º? Or are you one of those “the hotter the better” people?
I have a high tolerance level for hot weather but very poor when it comes to cold. I went to Nepal at the onset of winter and my nose bled for 3 days. I walked around looking like Jabba the Hutt because of the many layers of clothing I wore.
9) To celebrate Father’s Day, Sam is giving away her father’s favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, or Butter Rum, or Winter Green or Peppermint?
I would love a Peppermint, thank you very much!