Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick’s lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn’t celebrate Christmas?
Christmas indeed is the most anticipated time of the year for most children. I remember counting the days! I enjoyed the Christmas tradition when I was a wee one but we never climbed on to Santa’s lap. My mum was probably too impatient to wait in line.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I am most probably in the Nice list. I’ve been very patient this year and have watched my spending, too. Also, I’ve successfully avoided individuals who were vexations to my spirit by pretending they don’t exist in my universe.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Cards, yes to family and friends, but gifts only to family back in the Philippines.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Yes, I did! I bought myself a calligraphy tool set which I was salivating on earlier this year. I decided to take up calligraphy again as my handwriting has deteriorated, of which I blame entirely to computer use. I love writing letters and I also give special attention to the envelopes 🙂 Yes, I’m one of those crazy people.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie?
Home Alone (the original).
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
As far as I can remember, I’ve never been to one on Christmas Day. Christmas Day was (still is) spent with family. We have this huge party, as my grandma’s birthday fall on the same day, and all the aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives are present.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Thank goodness, no! I count myself lucky! lol.
8. What’s your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Tea masala. I also go for hot chocolate.
9. What will you remember most about 2014?
Mostly personal and family milestones. My marriage had a lot of ups and downs this year but we got through them all and are moving on. Just excited about what the new year will bring.
And please, allow me to greet you, my dear blog-friends, a very Happy Holidays!