Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Hey, Soul Sister
(because John suggested Train)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking?
If Brad Pitt is involved I would definitely stop to watch in a heartbeat! Even get a selfie photo with him, hahaha.
2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night?
I remember my dreams enough to tell my husband the next day. Some days, I remember more and vividly. Last night’s dream, however, I could not remember anything. Must be the alcohol from last night’s party!
3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay?
I have never set foot in the USA yet although I have many relatives and friends residing there in San Francisco and other parts of California. Someday, I wish.
4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song?
I only know one – Stairway to Heaven. My older male cousins used to sing this – much to my horror – during family gatherings when we were younger. And now they cringe when this chapter of their lives gets told to their kids these days, hahaha.
5) In doing research for this week’s Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What’s the last magazine you flipped through?
I haven’t gotten hold of any magazine for years!
6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
Let’s just say that although I am not much of a follower, there are times when I know when to step back and let other people shine, so to speak.
7) Scholars tell us that “To be or not to be” is Shakespeare’s most quoted line. Give us another one.
I’m not much of a Shakespeare reader but I remember this one quote from As You Like It: …for always the dulness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits.
8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone?
Car CD changer
9) Are you a convincing liar?
I must say I am a good liar when situation calls for it. I do not have the heart to tell certain people things as they are – eventhough I so want to – so I navigate from it. Hence, I try to stay away from certain people who oftentimes seek constant assurances or validations because there are times when I’m not up to listening to their litanies I just simply tell the truth to their faces. I don’t want awkward situations, or worse, strain relationships.