Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: I Will Always Love You
1) The Bodyguard is the best-selling movie soundtrack ever and this is the song most often associated with Whitney Houston. Is it on your iPod/mp3 player?
No. It’s become so overplayed and overused in many shows. To be honest, I do not like this song. Sounds like a bleating sheep about to be slaughtered.
2) In the movie, Rachel (Whitney) sings “I Will Always Love You” after she realizes she can never see Frank (Kevin Costner) again. What song reminds you of a past love?
“Wait for Me” by Theory of a Deadman – for long distance love.
3) Despite the movie’s and the song’s overwhelming popularity, Whitney Houston was awarded a Razzie Award as the worst actress of 1992. What’s the most recent criticism you received?
Very recently my boss said that I do not communicate well with the rest of our team. Of course, it sounded preposterous to me given that I work closely with the team and we gelled well. However, my boss thinks otherwise. I gotta dispute that in the evaluation, hah.
4) On the bright side, share the last compliment you received.
The Chairman of the Board of the organisation where I’m working said that I am organised and able to do my work in a timely and efficient manner. He said that during the Board meeting and I felt fuzzy all over – I thought my ears ballooned 10x they’re normal size. Lol.
5) In the 1980s, when Whitney first burst onto the scene, a trendy woman wore big hair, big bows and big shoulder pads. Can you think of anything you wore that was fashionable at the time, but looking back, makes you cringe? (An embarrassing photo to accompany your answer would be nice!)
Oh I remember very well – the tidal wave bangs with the use of hair spray! Gah. Can’t find any photos though. Sorry.
6) When this song was popular, cell phones were uncommon and Facebook was unheard of. Which has had a bigger impact on your life — smart phones or social networking?
7) Whitney’s marriage to Bobby Brown left many people shaking their heads. Whitney and Bobby’s daughter recently married the young man who was raised as her brother. Have you ever been in a relationship your friends/family didn’t approve of?
8) Whitney Houston’s grave marker reads, “I Will Always Love You,” so obviously her family is very proud of the success of this recording. How would you like to be remembered?
Honestly, I could not bring myself to think about these things yet. I get really sad and cry my eyes out.
9) Whitney was born in Newark, the largest city in New Jersey. It’s a major air, rail and shipping hub, and it’s in the Eastern Time zone. Have you ever been to Newark … or any town in New Jersey?
Never been to the US but I have a good friend who lives in Rockaway, NJ!