Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Marshmallow World (1963)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1. This song likens fluffy clouds to marshmallows. What does the sky look like where you are today?
Today, Phnom Penh sky is covered with thin, wispy clouds, as if someone had pulled a bigger cloud apart into smaller pieces.
2. The lyrics refer to snowballs. Have you ever been in a snowball fight?
No, never been in one.
3. Chionophobia is fear of snow. What phobias do you have?
I have a mild fear of falling. Being inside a viewdeck of a tall building is such a difficult experience – I could not even go near to look at the view. I get a clammy feeling.
4. In 2004, Canadian school children raised money for charity by setting a new world record: the most snow angels made in 24-hour period. Have you ever participated in a fundraising stunt?
Yes, I did. I helped organise the Charity Bike Ride for Operation Smile Cambodia last March. It was fun, albeit a lot of work. And I also joined the bike ride, of course.
5. When marshmallows were first introduced, they were used for medicinal purposes. Specifically to soothe sore throats. What do you take when your throat is bothering you?
I take warm ginger tea with a dash of lemon. Very soothing.
6. Marshmallows are an important ingredient in the Rice Krispies Treat recipe. If you were asked to prepare something for a bake sale, what would you make?
Chocolate chip muffins!
7. Darlene played Danny Glover’s wife in the Lethal Weapon movies. Do you enjoy action movies?
8. Darlene’s father advised her to always, “shoot for the stars.” Share some good advice you’ve received.
Someone wiser advised me to speak only when spoken to. Fair enough, tee-hee-hee.
9. Will you be returning/have you returned any holiday gifts?
No, I’ve not returned any gifts. I don’t know, but I think it would be a shame to return gifts of any kind. I’d thank the giver and keep it so as not to hurt anyone’s feelings.