Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1. Are you more melancholy on occasion?
By nature, I am phlegmatic. But there are occasions when I get melancholic, so I guess I am what’s called the phleg-mel by some psychologists who adhere to the four elements concept of a human personality.
2. What did you think you looked like when you were a teenager?
A skinny, painfully shy, akward, and timid teenager. The image of a mouse comes to my mind, harharhar.
3. Whose advice are you least likely to listen to?
My parents, husband, and friends. In no particular order 🙂
4. Tell us about a job that you liked when you were younger.
I thought working in a bank was cool – the women wear make up and nice clothes and look really pretty. I may have liked looking at bank tellers but it didn’t cross my mind to be one of them.
5. Would you lie to someone if you knew the truth would end your friendship or relationship?
This is really difficult – one has to weigh whether the means justify the end. If it’s for the good of the greater many, then go ahead and tell the truth.
6. What do you have little or no patience for?
I have no patience for people who are narrow-minded and think they are God’s gift to mankind.
7. What is there never enough hours in the day to do?
Blogging and crafting. I have someone come over to my house recently – my landlord’s relative – who wanted her bridal shower invitations conceptualized. I suggested the colour combinations as well as the fonts and texts to be used while she dug out her photo albums to look for matching pictures. We worked many afternoons together and came up with something that speaks about her (the bride) and her personality – and one that the bride is happy about. It’s a great feeling to be able to see the end product and I hope there’ll be more to come.
8. What is the most productive thing that you accomplished in October?
The invitations mentioned above. I didn’t know I had this creative thing for paper crafts stuff in me 🙂
9. What have you always wanted to learn but haven’t yet?
Driving! As much as I want to learn, I do not have the nerves of steel to drive in the chaotic streets of Phnom Penh. Oohh, not yet.