Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Moon River (1962)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is featured in a Dove candy bar commercial. What’s your favorite way to enjoy chocolate (cookie, candy bar, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc.)?
I love anything that has chocolate in it – nomnomnomnom.
2) It was originally written for the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Where’s the best place to eat breakfast in your neighborhood?
At home, definitely. My husband makes the best French toast.
3) Were you able to see the moon last night?
Nope. It was raining cats and dogs last night.
4) When Andy Williams’ show was first telecast in color, viewers commented on how very blue his eyes were. What’s the first thing you notice about a person?
What they say.
5) The Andy Williams Show gave the Osmond Brothers their first national exposure. When younger sister Marie joined the act, she made her debut on his show, as well. Let’s say you have just been bumped up to first-class for a three hour flight. Which Osmond would you prefer as your seatmate, Donny or Marie?
6) Even though Andy was a millionaire many times over, he was still careful with money, once saying he would never pay more than $50 for a haircut. This leaves Sam shaking her head, because she spares no expense when it comes to her hair. What’s something you splurge on?
Books and crochet yarns! Ssshh. Don’t tell my husband 🙂
7) Andy’s Moon River Theater still draws tourists to Branson, MO. Have you ever been to the Ozarks?
8) Andy had a discerning eye for Native American art. His collection of Navajo rugs was sold at auction for nearly $1,000,000. Have you ever bid on an auction?
Yes, I did on eBay. It was for a vintage wooden postcard. Lost the bid by a mile.
9) Andy told an interviewer that his earliest memory was hiding from a storm in the cellar of his family’s Iowa home. What’s your earliest memory?
Celebrating my birthday party at my grandparents’ house. Everything I remember about that birthday was in black-and-white tone, for some reason.