Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Paint It Black (1966)
Not familiar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping?
Yes, for a bit. I saw a fantastic sale online and the next thing I know, I was already checking out my cart! LOL.
2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Cambodia.
3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?
Same as above.
4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven’t always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France?
Not yet, but I would love to visit! I heard the French countryside is even more beautiful.
5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.?
I’m the quiet one. I make sure my stuff are not lying around (even though there are hotel staff to tidy the room up) and my valuables are securely hidden/kept away. And on several occasions, I have nicked a toothbrush and toothpaste, and also shower caps! LOL.
6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money?
Apparently not. If I was, I would already have fat bank accounts and properties to boot.
7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video (“Anybody Seen My Baby?”). Name an Angelina Jolie movie.
I’ve seen one of her earlier movies called Hackers.
8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you’re thankful for.
Not concerning me but my father. It was days before Christmas in 1989. He was set to board a ship to come home for the holidays. On the day the ship was scheduled to leave the port, there was a typhoon but the ship still sailed. We knew he was on that ship but he wasn’t able to call us as he would normally do once the ship left the port. The following day, very early in the morning, my mum heard the news on the radio that the said ship sunk! We were all very frightened, and crying as we all huddled together in the living room listening/watching/waiting for news. My mum tried to telephone my dad’s boss the whole morning but was unsuccessful. It was only later in the day that my dad called us – he missed the ship due to traffic and had a hangover the next day so he was unaware of what happened. So many thoughts were in my head that day, the wait was agonising. It was the first time I’d seen my mum so helpless and afraid in the face of a harrowing situation.
9) In 1966, when this week’s song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss story?
My favourite is “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” even though I’ve not read this from cover to cover. It’s a story about life’s adventures and about taking charge, written – with readers from age 1 to 100 in mind – in a typical Dr. Seuss style, very childlike and playful. I also thought that Dr. Seuss books are much fun when they’re read out loud!