Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Huey explains that you don’t need a credit card to find love. What’s the last thing you charged?
The last thing I charged my card is the payment for my domain name. That was two months ago. I normally pay via Paypal but it ran out of debit.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard?
Goodness, no. I can only balance on bicycle and beams but not on a skateboard.
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good?
The hot news these days is about the Ebola virus. The virus is spreading ahead of time for our scientists to contain it, to find solutions and medical cure.
4) Huey’s mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A?
No one, although I have distant relatives there.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do?
Yes, I did, but in my country it is called the National College Entrance Examinations or NCEE. I did pretty well.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now?
No coconuts at the moment.
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt?
8) We’re definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014?
Ahh, the heat! And I will also remember fondly the lovely wooden house that was our home for the first seven months of 2014.
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box!
This is really funny! Mine is – hold your breath – The Grey Sewing Machine!