Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Roar
(recommended by Cat)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) The lyrics begin with Katy singing about when she used to “hold her tongue.” Tell us about a time when you didn’t speak up, but wish you had.
I regret the time I didn’t stand up and speak against a certain friend who was bullying our mutual friend. I wish I had told her off right there and then. But anyways, after that episode, I made a decision to keep my distance from her.
2) The lyrics mention both lions and tigers. In addition to the big cats, the video shows a monkey and an elephant. If we were going to the zoo today, which animal would you want to see first?
I love going to the apes section first! In 2007, I was in Malaysia and visited Zoo Negara in Kuala Lumpur where I got to see a Sumatran orangutan up close! I forgot now whether it was a male or female orangutan but I do remember it being large, with a very wide arm span, and had a curious nature as he/she sat down in one of the rocks people-watching.
3) Lions and tigers are carnivores. If we were having steak for dinner, would you order it rare, medium or well done?
I prefer a well done steak because I like the texture and I don’t enjoy the blood. I can make a well done steak with no pink but still juicy.
4) Lots of photos are snapped at the zoo. Did you take your last picture with a camera or with your phone?
5) The “Roar” video takes place in the jungle. The average temperature all year around in the rainforest is a humid 80º. The typical September day in Juneau is 49º, dry and sunny. Which sounds more comfortable?
6) In her youth, Katy took dance lessons at the local recreation hall in Santa Barbara. Crazy Sam took tap dance lessons as a girl, too. What about you? Were you sent off to dance class? Music lessons? Art class?
Nada – I didn’t go to any special classes. Instead my mum taught me and my siblings a lot of crafts – crocheting, bookbinding, card-making, to name a few.
7) Katy recently passed Justin Bieber as the most followed person on Twitter. What’s the last message you re-tweeted?
Can’t remember now but I do know it was tennis-related.
8) Congratulations! You just won the lottery! Do you want it in a lump sum, or would you prefer payments over the next 25 years?
I prefer a lump sum, to be honest. You’ll never know what the future holds.
9) Did you get 8 hours sleep last night?
Make that 10!