Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Twist and Shout
1) In the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Ferris climbs up on a parade float and enthusiastically lip synchs this song, encouraging the entire crowd to join in. Do you know the lyrics of “Twist and Shout” well enough to sing along? (Watch the impossibly young Matthew Broderick as Ferris here.)
Unfortunately not. I only knew parts of the chorus. But it’s quite a catchy tune.
2) What other Beatles’ song do you know all the words to?
I know a lot of Beatles’ songs but I have to admit I don’t know all their lyrics. It’s always the chorus that I can remember and sing along with.
3) 49 years after their American debut, The Beatles are acknowledged as having a lasting impact on both music and culture. What performers on today’s music scene do you think will be remembered 50 years from now?
I don’t know, really. But I do hope it’s not Nicki Minaj or Justin Beiber. Ack.
4) Paul McCartney is an enthusiastic advocate of the vegetarian lifestyle. Could you/have you tried to “go veggie?”
I tried but didn’t last long as there are not many sources of organic produce where I live. But I would love to continue a vegetarian lifestyle.
5) As a young boy, Ringo Starr suffered a severe attack of appendicitis and almost died. Do you still have your appendix? What about your tonsils?
I still have my appendix and tonsils intact 🙂
6) John Lennon sketched and doodled when he was bored or nervous. Do you have any nervous habits?
Yes, I bite my nails and crack my knuckles whenever I get nervous or anxious.
7) George Harrison loved Hawaii so much he bought a 63-acre estate in Maui. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
Nope. In fact, I haven’t stepped on US soil yet.
8) Yoko Ono was a polarizing character in the Beatles’ saga. Has any of your friends ever dated/married someone you just could not stand?
Oh sure. When I was in university, my close friend and roommate went out with a very aversive guy.It created a bit of falling out between me and my roommate.
9) Paul has had dogs his entire adult life, including a sheepdog, Martha, and a black lab, Jet. John was especially fond of a cat named Elvis and a tomcat he found in the snow and named Tim. Tell us about one of your pets.
I have two dogs right now – Max, 7 years old, is a half-breed Keeshond, at least that’s what the seller told me. And Joe, 4 years old, is a half-breed Japanese terrier. Together they get involved in mischiefs and petty quarrels. They keep me on my toes! You can find their adventures here at My Dogspot.