Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Waking Up in Vegas
Thanks to Cat for recommending Katy Perry
1) As she sings about her night in Las Vegas, Katy wonders if she “got hitched last night dressed up like Elvis.” Tell us about the last wedding you attended.
That was about 3 years ago, if I am not mistaken. It is a traditional Khmer wedding. Follow the highlighted text for details.
2) Whenever Crazy Sam visits Las Vegas, she stays at the Paris Hotel and Casino. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, Nevada? What about Paris, France?
Never been to those places yet.
3) Do you enjoy gambling? Have you had any success at it?
No, I don’t gamble.
4) Las Vegas is served by the RTC Bus Service and the Vegas Monorail System connects many of casinos on The Strip. When was the last time you rode a bus or a train?
I rode a bus whenever I go on a field work to the provinces. Trains – I love trains. There is a very slow moving train here in Cambodia but I haven’t been on it yet. I’ve been on a train in Bangkok, Malaysia, and Japan though and enjoyed the ride tremendously!
5) It’s not unusual for the mercury to hit 100º in Vegas in August. Which are you more comfortable in — extreme heat or bone-chilling cold?
6) As a little girl, Katy Perry sang nothing but gospel. Do you remember any church songs from your childhood?
I’m not exactly a musically-inclined person but growing up I loved listening to Lea Salonga’s songs, most especially the song, I Am But a Small Voice (video below). She later on grew up to be a multi-awarded singer – Miss Saigon, the singing voice behind the “A Whole New World” from the Disney movie, Aladdin, just to name a few.
7) She made her film debut as the voice of Smurfette in The Smurfs (2011). Who is your all-time favorite cartoon character?
8) Do you consider yourself a picky eater?
9) You receive an invitation to a party that starts at 7:00 PM. When will you arrive?
15minutes before it starts.