Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: White Wedding
1. Tell us about the most recent wedding you attended.
It was my landlord’s daughter’s wedding. Cambodian weddings are looooong and intricate affairs.
Although the wedding followed the Buddhist rituals, it only lasted for one day and a half (as opposed to the normal 3-5 days for some,especially the wealthy). My husband and I were up very early to take part in all the rituals of day 2 – the early morning procession to the bride’s house, to the many rituals comprising the marriage ceremony (presentation of dowry, prayer to ancestors, monk blessings, honoring of parents, knot-tying, hair-cutting, and a lot more) up to the reception that lasted very late at night.
Here is a photo of one of the rituals that I took during the said wedding. It shows the honoring of parents, if I am not mistaken:
3. Does marriage in general make you feel confident and good inside, or skeptical?
It gives me a warm, happy, fuzzy feeling, especially if I personally know the bride and groom and their story.
4. Do you have a photo blog? (If so, feel free to share the link with us.)
Yes, I do. It’s called Inside Cambodia: Everyday Images of Life in the Kingdom. Click here.
5. Do you find yourself driving less due to the high gas prices?
I don’t drive, but yes, we are conscious about the increasing gas prices and try to minimise going out so often.
6. What’s the high temperature today where you are?
32C inside the house.
7. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Agree, or no?
Yeah, I think so.
8. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been in your life?
38C, in PP!!!
9. Non-temperature related last question: In your opinion… who’s hot?
I AM! LOL.