Before I begin with the Sunday Stealing Meme, I just would like to shout out a very happy birthday to my not-so-little-brother-anymore, Jeck! Once an avid skimboarder, he is now a football fanatic, playing for a local team in our city.
As football is the newest craze in the country where basketball is the national sport for generations, the Philippine Azkals versus the Mongolian Blue Wolves match earlier this week proved that it is fast becoming popular and simply set the nation on fire. Of course, my brother must watch. As a birthday present for himself, he stated. And tens of thousands of Filipinos descend at Panaad Stadium in Bacolod City. Bacolod is about 4-5 hours away from Roxas City (over an hour plane ride from the capital of Manila) and my brother, armed with extra digicam batteries and sd memory cards he borrowed from my sister, traveled to Bacolod City with his teammates to see the game live. And they weren’t disappointed – the Azkals won and they had tons of pictures to show and great stories to tell when they returned home. Happy birthday, bro. What a great way to celebrate your birthday.
Okay, so on to this week’s meme.
Today we ripped off a blogger named Rol Hirst at the blog Sunset Over Slawit. We’ve ripped from him once before. He states that he doesn’t remember where he stole it. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Sunset Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. What is your favourite Mexican fish?
Tacos and fajitas
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school or did you procrastinate?
Always right away after school so we could watch TV.
3. What is your favourite store for home furnishings?
The local shops in Phnom Penh.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
In my school, we don’t have free lunches. We go home for lunch.
5. Is religion a crutch?
Many nonbelievers think of religion as such… but to each his own, I say.
6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport?
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Yes, I am rich… with good friends.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance of administering?
Probably a CPR or a Heimlich Maneuver.
9. Which dance do you prefer to learn and why?
None of the choices provided. Are you kidding me? I have two left feet – sorry, dancing is not my forte.
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
Oh gosh, the dread… I used to head the media and advocacy deparment of a local NGO and I told the local staff that our project funding for the following year was canceled and we could lose our jobs 🙁
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Life is what you make it.
12. New variation on an old questions: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favourite (or most repeated) line in that song?
A repeat question but I don’t mind replying to again. The melody is catchy and the lyrics are brilliant. Keeps on playing in my head over and over and over…
When it’s planes in the sky
For a chain of supply
When the parts for the line
Come precisely on time
A continuous link
That is always in sync
Bottom line gets a boost
With new ways to compete
There’d be cheers on Wall Street
When technology knows right
Where everything goes
Bells will ring, ring-a-ding
There will be no more stress
Cause you’ve called U-P-S